Today we bought a new car! I absolutely love, love, love this car. I didn't think I would love it that much, but I do.
After a long time searching for cars, specifically at the Honda CR-V's, Subaru Forester, Toyota RAV4, Ford Edge, and Ford Escape, we decided upon... drum roll please.... the Toyota RAV4!
This is our lovely new car...
When I say we spent a long time looking at cars, I mean a really long time. A few months actually. We were just about to buy the Subaru Forester through a great program at Sterling's work (we get an awesome deal), and decided just to go out for a test drive on the basic model and it's a good thing we did (Sterling had driven one in the past, but not lately) the car was so sluggish. Even slower than our Civic and I had told Sterling that my next car had to have more power to it because I could never merge on the highway going the speedlimit without redlining it. It was frustrating...
So, we decided we would try to get the the Turbo-charged Forester, but after finding out that the interest rate was higher on the 2011's and they changed the turbo-charged to a touring edition (aka way more expensive) and turbo-charged only uses premium gas, we decided to look somewhere else.
We were eating dinner with Sterling's family one night and I asked his brother if he liked his RAV4 and he said absolutely. Well his brother actually has his own shop that works on Subaru's, so I asked if the RAV4 was better than the Forester and said it was way better by far.
So, we test drove the RAV4 and we knew it was the car!
It was cheaper than the Forester, had a nicer interior, had more HP, and used regular gas.
We bought the car today! It's a Sport edition with a V6 engine, AWD with dark leather seats. 270 HP!!! That is the best part part. I can speed up super fast without even going over 2500 rpm's. Amazing. I love it!!
And the awesome thing is, it's about the same monthly payment as the Civic! Awesome!
I just hope we are able to sell our Civic soon. I don't think we could make two car payments for more than a month or two. Crossing our fingers it will sell soon. If you know anyone that wants a 2007 Blue Honda Civic, send them our way!
Things really do work out!!!

3 comments:
Yay!! That is so exciting! I hope you love it!
Scott now realizes why so many people drive mini-vans/suvs. We put Maddox's carseat in the WRX, my seat had to go so far forward! It was ridiculous! Good thing we usually take my car:)
Oh, and my carseat is a Graco, so far so good!
If Maddox is feeling up to it, we'll come to Vegas to see y'all, I just don't want him under too much stress right after his surgery:( and we'll only come if everyone is nice and healthy so he doesn't get sick. So, take your vitamins!
new cars are so exciting! hooray! ditto to emily's comment about regular sedans being squishy with a carseat. i can't wait until we have money for a new car. *sigh* someday. :) ours is very snug with two carseats. but at least it runs. :)
enjoy!
Yay! I'm glad you guys finally found something you really love :)
On the carseat question you asked a while ago, I was glancing at carseats today and noticed how HUGE the car seats all are. Our Peg Perego is waaaay smaller than all the brands I saw at Target.
Post a Comment