I already commented on this question on facebook:) But I think I'll add that although I did not take them and I felt prepared with all of the reading/research I did, it definitely couldn't hurt to take a class. Especially if you and Sterling are not feeling too comfortable about it. I think it really depends on if you feel like you need the classes or not. Good luck! I am excited for your cute little guy:)
If by childbirth classes you mean learning what to expect, when to go to the hospital, what will happen when you're there, I totally recommend it. Kyle and I went to one that was 6 hours long on a Saturday. It was helpful for us. It made me less anxious about the delivery and more excited for it.
Other childbirth classes, like breathing techniques are totally up to you. If you want to go natural, definitely take them. I had an epidural and didn't learn any breathing techniques and I was totally fine.
I agree with the first comment. I didn't take any classes - I did do a lot of reading and I felt fine. I think no matter what you'll be nervous 'cause you don't know what's normal and what to expect - no matter how much you read or how many classes you attend. I think it also depends if you are having an epidural or not. They say if you aren't having an epidural to prepare from the very beginning, taking classes and stuff. I had an epidural and it was quite heavenly.
i never have taken any birthing classes, but did do a lot of my own learning through reading and things were just fine. you'll end up with a baby either way. :)
but i think i might take a hypno-birthing class before our next one. my epidural worked perfectly with elena and i couldn't feel ANYTHING, but it didn't work perfectly with lily and i did feel some pain that really freaked me out because i just hadn't felt anything at all with elena. i wasn't prepared for it. since epidurals don't always work perfectly, i'd like to be a little more prepared next time. that's why i'm thinking about taking a hypno-birthing class for the next one. i don't want to be out of control and freaked out if my plan falls through, you know? so if you have time, money, and interest for birthing classes, it might be worth your while. but don't stress too much. :)
5 comments:
I already commented on this question on facebook:) But I think I'll add that although I did not take them and I felt prepared with all of the reading/research I did, it definitely couldn't hurt to take a class. Especially if you and Sterling are not feeling too comfortable about it. I think it really depends on if you feel like you need the classes or not. Good luck! I am excited for your cute little guy:)
If by childbirth classes you mean learning what to expect, when to go to the hospital, what will happen when you're there, I totally recommend it. Kyle and I went to one that was 6 hours long on a Saturday. It was helpful for us. It made me less anxious about the delivery and more excited for it.
Other childbirth classes, like breathing techniques are totally up to you. If you want to go natural, definitely take them. I had an epidural and didn't learn any breathing techniques and I was totally fine.
I agree with the first comment. I didn't take any classes - I did do a lot of reading and I felt fine. I think no matter what you'll be nervous 'cause you don't know what's normal and what to expect - no matter how much you read or how many classes you attend.
I think it also depends if you are having an epidural or not. They say if you aren't having an epidural to prepare from the very beginning, taking classes and stuff. I had an epidural and it was quite heavenly.
i never have taken any birthing classes, but did do a lot of my own learning through reading and things were just fine. you'll end up with a baby either way. :)
but i think i might take a hypno-birthing class before our next one. my epidural worked perfectly with elena and i couldn't feel ANYTHING, but it didn't work perfectly with lily and i did feel some pain that really freaked me out because i just hadn't felt anything at all with elena. i wasn't prepared for it. since epidurals don't always work perfectly, i'd like to be a little more prepared next time. that's why i'm thinking about taking a hypno-birthing class for the next one. i don't want to be out of control and freaked out if my plan falls through, you know? so if you have time, money, and interest for birthing classes, it might be worth your while. but don't stress too much. :)
I took a HypnoBirthing class and absolutely loved it. I felt very calm and prepared, and my son's birth was the most amazing experience!
Post a Comment