I went in for my glucose testing today and had to drink that glucola drink. I've been dreading it because everyone always complains about it, but it actually tastes pretty good, just like Sunkist Orange soda. But 30 minutes after I drank it, I had a nice headache forming. Ugh!
Then when I went to get my blood drawn, I always have to tell them that it is really hard to find my veins. Of course they don't believe you, all nurses think they are the best at finding veins! After finding my vein in the left arm, the blood just wouldn't flow. It was moving so slowly, so they stuck me in the left arm, on the side of my arm. Ouch, that one really hurt! But that one wasn't flowing either. It was moving soooo slow... Finally I took a deep breath and when I let it out, it started to fill up quickly. Thank goodness!
They took the needle out and the nurse took one look at me and said in surprise, "oh, are you feeling alright?" My eyes must have not been focusing and slowly my hearing felt really muffled. My eyes felt dark around the edges and I broke out into a sweat. She helped me lay down and got me some cold water. That helped, but news travels fast in the office. All of the doctors and nurses just kept on saying to me, "oh you poor thing." "Are you going to be Ok?" "You probably shouldn't drive..."
Haha, it made for a good experience. I've never been so close to fainting and was able to stop it. Crazy! Good thing I'm good friends with the check-out lady. We always talk for 15-20 minutes after my appointments, so I felt a lot better after that.
My doctor is really good at finding the heartbeat and today when she went to listen to it, my little guy just kicked her right off my belly. We both had to laugh because he does not like to be touched. He usually stops kicking when Sterling or I put our hands on my belly. He's been so active for the past 2 hours now. He will not stop moving!
I should probably go sleep off that glucose drink though, it has made me so sleepy!
4 comments:
I never really hated it either... my biggest problem was how fast you have to drink it. I had morning sickness the entire pregnancy so drinking it that fast just made me want to throw up, lol. I know about the vein thing too, every time I go in I tell them "These are the only veins that will bleed" but still for some reason the delivery nurse tried to put my IV in my wrist :/
yeah, i agree - the taste is alright. it's just how fast you have to drink it that makes me sick.
sorry you had a hard time! one more step down and closer to baby. :)
That's funny Anna! Good luck!
Oh no! Sorry you had a scare! I'm glad you are ok:) Can't wait for baby logan to get here!
Post a Comment