So, after knowing for 5-6 weeks, I can't hold it in any longer. Plus, family members keep posting comments on my Facebook wall and I keep having to delete them so people wouldn't find out. I finally decided, "oh well, one of these times someone is going to see the comments before I have time to delete them. I my as well let people know."
So, yes, I'm pregnant. Wo-who! Only ten weeks, so still a pretty sensitive time. My mom and MIL already bought me baby clothes and I had to tell them, "well, hopefully the pregnancy sticks." Which is true, anything could still happen. Nonetheless, they were both estatic.
We were planning on waiting to tell people until after the first trimester, but somehow word gets around. People start to wonder why I'm not feeling good only for Sacrament but mysteriously feel alright for Sunday School or why I say I'm not feeling good and don't show up to Sterling's softball games until halfway through when no one's expecting me. Plus, my mom couldn't hold it in. She begged me to let her tell her mom and siblings. Well, she has a lot of siblings and those siblings have lots of kids. Needless to say, a good 80 people or so already know, so I thought, "hey, why not?" I should just tell the world.
We contemplating sharing the news with ESPN first and having them report a story about this new superhuman fetus that was bound to be a super athlete or have FoxNews report that, "Amazing, 22-year old woman is with child." But we thought the story might be too big for either station and thought we would just share it on Facebook and on our blog.
So, 10 weeks.... and we got the first picture taken today... Ta Da!
And we got to hear the heartbeat. Pretty much the most amazing sound and image. I high-fived Sterling when we first saw the video. It's pretty cool.
So, now I just get to settle in and enjoy the ride, particularly the extremely bad heartburn I have at this very moment.
Thank goodness for generic Zofran. It is my best friend! No more nausea! :)

8 comments:
Aaahh!!! So exciting!! Congrats Anna! Thanks for sharing the news! I'm sorry you're sick :( but hopefully it ends with the end of the first trimester. Hopefully, hopefully! Everyone's different, but in my experience, the second trimester rocks. :)
Can't wait to hear more news as you go along! Are you going to find out what you're having?
Woot! Congrats, I am so excited for you. Enjoy your pregnancy, and take lots of pics! I didn't and now I wish I had.
We'll definitely find out what we're having. We both like being prepared!
Congratulations, Anna! How exciting! I totally know what you mean about the WHOLE family knowing things. When I want my mom to know something but I don't want other people to know I have to swear her to secrecy and just about threaten her (even if it's not really a big thing...I just don't want EVERYONE to know) (sorry Mom, if you're reading this!). Anyways, I'm so excited for you! Have fun!
Yay for baby!!! I'm excited for you! I can't wait to find out what you are having so I can buy him/her a little outfit:)
Yay! Congratulations Anna! Heartburn already, huh? I hope it doesn't stick around for the rest of your pregnancy. I had that when I was pregnant... not fun. I'm so excited for you, and I'm sure Kyle would say the same!
Yeah, I'm excited for you! Of course I've known for weeks. Can we get Greg on the ban wagon? I want to be prego too so we can have three cousins born within months of each other!! But, Greg continues to tell me I am still well in baby making range and that nothing has to be rushed! I just have to say my baby will be in kindergarten in 5 weeks!! Aagh!! Good luck!
Congrats Anna!!! We only lasted a week after we found out we were pregnant with Maddy before we couldnt keep it secret any longer. And then, once family knows, EVERYONE knows!
Post a Comment